Castles & Kings - June 15, 2014

Can't wait for our tour next summer, we are 40-something year old parents with 16 and 11yr old daughters. Apparently our group will be full of teens, especially girls. It would be nice to get some dialogue going before the trip, anyone else booked care to post?

Still looking at airline options. IIRC, Tauck offered a 2014 European flight guarantee, but our TA (Pavlus) said that was no more. Ideally we would catch nonstop fights from Atlanta, but we're willing to travel to NYC to get deals. Anyone have good advice?

Comments

• I am a grandmother from Asheville NC taking my 13 year old granddaughter from Charleston SC on Castles and Kings Jun18th. We are flying over one day early and staying an extra day in Paris. We haven't figured out the flights yet as granddaughter may fly home from Paris while I head to Dusseldorf to see a dear friend. I am looking for someone for her to fly home with if you decide to go to Atlanta maybe she could book your flight. NY is sometimes cheaper especially if you fly Virgin Atlantic but that time of year there are not many deals and if your flight in from Atlanta had issues you could miss the next plane. I too have heard there are a lot of teen girls on the trip so it should be great fun for them. Right now I am keeping it a secret because it is her birthday present. Once I tell her then maybe the girls could facetime each other or something. She goes to Charleston Day, loves sailing, and spends time in the mountains in the summer when she can. She studies French and has since first grade so France will be a big treat for her. She has a younger sister who will be 10 but this special trip is just for her. I hope more people join the forum as time goes by.
  • I looked up the trips and we are on the one after you. Good luck with your's.
  • I looked up the trips and we are on the one after you. Good luck with your's.

Thanks, AG, I hope you have a wonderful trip.
  • Does anyone have suggestions on movies that would help 15-16 year old girls get excited about seeing London and Paris for first time? I know when I've prepped a bit before hand it made the sights so much more interesting and exciting. Anybody have suggestions?
  • I would suggest Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris". We watched it before our French Waterways river cruise, and really enjoyed seeing sights we saw in the movie. Common Sense Media rates it appropriate for 14 year olds. Reviews and comments can be found at http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/midnight-in-paris.
  • Thanks for the suggestion--I'll check it out
  • mcgarr115 wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion--I'll check it out

mcgarr, you probably know these, but "Love Actually" and another Woody flick "Everyone Says I Love You" are holiday-themed movies set in London and Paris respectively. Well, the second half of the second one is in Paris at Christmas. My wife loves "Love Actually" so much that I've considered trying to find a London tour with that movie as a theme for the day we arrive (before the Tauck tour starts).
  • When I was there age there was a mary kate and ashley olsen movie that i loved where they went to paris
  • I was wondering if one of the Tauck mods would mind giving a rundown on the number of kids and teens on the June 15th tour, thanks.
  • Can't wait for our tour next summer, we are 40-something year old parents with 16 and 11yr old daughters. Apparently our group will be full of teens, especially girls. It would be nice to get some dialogue going before the trip, anyone else booked care to post?

Still looking at airline options. IIRC, Tauck offered a 2014 European flight guarantee, but our TA (Pavlus) said that was no more. Ideally we would catch nonstop fights from Atlanta, but we're willing to travel to NYC to get deals. Anyone have good advice?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file