Options

Best of Ireland Tour Pace

We recently returned from out 6th Tauck Tour,The Best of Ireland and I would like to recommend Improvements. First, the trip around the Ring of Dingle was the most frustrating experience that I have ever had with Tauck. If you are on the right side of the bus YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING and there was only one brief stop before the Blasket Center! Also, For the entire trip it seemed that we were wizzing by beautiful vistas and getting nothing more than a blurred photo through the bus window. If you had more photo stops the trip would have been less frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    We are considering this tour and would like to see a response from Tauck regarding this person's comments about "wizzing by beautiful vistas" because that's exactly why we're interested in going.
    We recently returned from out 6th Tauck Tour,The Best of Ireland and I would like to recommend Improvements. First, the trip around the Ring of Dingle was the most frustrating experience that I have ever had with Tauck. If you are on the right side of the bus YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING and there was only one brief stop before the Blasket Center! Also, For the entire trip it seemed that we were wizzing by beautiful vistas and getting nothing more than a blurred photo through the bus window. If you had more photo stops the trip would have been less frustrating.
  • Options
    I have been to Ireland twice (on my own) and have been looking at the Tauck trip to cover the one area that I had not visited which is the Northwest part of Donegal.. Alas, you have changed to trip and miss this supposedly most beautiful part of Ireland. Is there any chance that you will put that area in your iternary?

DJ Malone
  • Options

This makes me sad. I thought there were stops almost everywhere. I guess I will sit on the left side of the bus.
  • Options
    We are leaving for the Best of Ireland tour this Saturday. I hope we are not disappointed, because we expect the best from Tauck. I was planning on taking lots of pictures, but this does sound like it may be a problem. I'll post again when we return.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Returned from small group Best of Ireland. Yes, we got up early to head out each day but we saw a lot! Our guide, Christine, made sure everyone had a change of seat each day to make it fair. Everyone had front seats, left side and right. Small group gave us flexibility to move to another unoccupied seat if we wished. Our driver,Jackie,was amazing at driving on the small roads, even when we were detoured onto a one lane set. I might recommend Tauck do the tour backwards and start in Dublin. The hotel there was nothing special and after all the other wonderful places was a let down.
  • Options

I just returned from "The Best of Ireland" tour that ended Sep23.  It was an awesome trip.  If you are lucky enough to get Mary as your director and John your bus driver you are in for a real treat.  I agree with Clyde's comment  regarding the trip to the Dingle Peninsula with the exception of not stoping for photo ops.  I think it was a safety issue.  I too was unfortunately assigned a seat on the right side of the bus.  You see nothing but a blur of green grass, the occasional sheep and rock walls for over three hours. To give all guests a chance to see the beauty of the Atlantic Ocean I believe there is simple solution   After the visit to the Blasket center instead  of returning to Dingle by continuing out further on the peninsula and returning to Dingle by the inland route just reverse the bus direction on the coast road and right hand side will get the scenic view on the return.
  • Options
    We're on the tour for Sept. 4, 2012. I hope they make appropriate changes before then. We just returned from the small boat tour/cruise from Istanbul to Athens. It was fabulous. But to stay on point, we would sure hate to miss some photo ops on the Ireland tour. We are piggybacking it with the England, Scotland, and Wales trip. I'd hate to be disappointed on this one (two).
  • Options
    My husband and I are taking the Best of Ireland tour this summer and are also concerned about the posts that say they were unhappy with the excursion to Blasket Island. More than one person has complained about the fact that if you were on the right side of the bus that day you saw nothing more than grass out of the windows. More than one person has complained and a number of people who are planning this trip have posted about this but I have not seen a response from Tauck. Would really appreciate one.

• Options
    Has anybody gone on this Trip this Year and do you have anything to Add to these Comments?

Was this Problem Addressed?
    Did the Bus Change it Route to bypass all of this wasted time, and/or make adjustments to give us Photo Ops so we could get out and stretch our legs while Photographing the Beautiful Landscapes?

We are going on this Trip in a few and I am interested in hearing if this slight Discomfort was Addressed!
  • Options
    We did this trip last July and it was fabulous. As for the road to Dingle--one side is mostly water, one side is farmland. I really do not see the cause for complaint. No one on our trip had issues with the view. My camera has a motion setting and my pictures came out beautiful. Most newer digital camers have this setting.
    I have to say that we looked at other tour companies that had the same agenda, but not the same hotels. Just staying at these most beautiful places was worth the small difference in price. I would not recommend taking this trip with anyone but Tauck.
  • Options
    We did this trip last July and it was fabulous. As for the road to Dingle--one side is mostly water, one side is farmland. I really do not see the cause for complaint. No one on our trip had issues with the view. My camera has a motion setting and my pictures came out beautiful. Most newer digital camers have this setting.
    I have to say that we looked at other tour companies that had the same agenda, but not the same hotels. Just staying at these most beautiful places was worth the small difference in price. I would not recommend taking this trip with anyone but Tauck.

Wonderful, Thank you very much!

Motion Compensation on the Camera's depending on what brand normally works fine from Bus Windows!
    I've shot a few Castle's while our Tauck Bus was going down the Highway in Scotland!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well we got back from our "Best of Ireland" Adventure and I must say that Not ONE Person on our bus had any complaints about this area going into Dingle!! I am actually surprised that anything Bad was Posted at all!!
    The View From the Bus was Outstanding no matter where you were sitting!!! Granted the Ride was very narrow and not a whole Lot of Places to stop but shooting through the window was Not a Problem for me and/or my Equipment!

Melissa our Tour Guide and Leslie our Driver did an absolutely Outstanding performance in bringing us around and about this marvelous Trip!!! Thank you very much to the Both of Them!

Somebody also mentioned the Westin Hotel in Dublin? Wonderful Hotel! Directly in the Center of Town not far from anything and anyplace you might want to visit! The Accommodations at All the Hotels were always up to Par just Like All the Other Tauck Adventures we have been on! Don't understand what the complaint was but we Did Not have that experience!

Now, just to be Nice I am going to try and Post One of my many Images from this Trip!
    Here is One I had shot at Dingle Marina for your enjoyment!!

Mark

7709561038_ded5d9b26c.jpg
    Dingle Marina by mad_1_spider, on Flickr

Cool!!!! It worked! I finally got the connection Done!! LOL
This discussion has been closed.