Kenya/Tanzania vs Tanzania to Zanzibar tour

Our family just signed up for the Kenya/Tanzania safari departing 6/14/2014. We are extremely excited -- however, I was looking at the Tanzania to Zanzibar tour and saw that the accomodations include more tented camps, whereas on the Kenya tour, there is only one tented camp along with five star accomodations at the Four Seasons and other beautiful lodges. Just wanted to get some feedback as to whether we will be missing out on the "true safari experience" by not staying in more of the tented camps. We are real nature lovers and would love to have the thrill of hearing the lions roar at night and hearing all the night sounds of the animals. We can easily switch tours so that is not a problem. Would appreciate some guidance here.

Comments

• Rafiki, we just returned in July and I can tell you I personally believe you selected the correct tour as a "nature lover". You will hear,see and experience all the animal sights and sounds you can process on the classic safari. Don't let the five star gig sway your choice, this is an absolutely superb "all" safari experience unlike the other tours. It's called classic for a reason! ENJOY

• MVC, thank you so much for your input -- I am so thrilled that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your "trip of a lifetime".
    Did you get to see any of the Great Migration?
  • Yes we did and so will you. The hot air ballon trip really puts things into perspective
This discussion has been closed.