Options

Individual Trip

We are interested in doing our own trip similar to the Grand Rockies We have certain time restraints and dates

Are we able to use you similar to a travel agent and get our hotels booked and guides

Please advise Thx

Comments

• Options
    I would say no but call and ask them. the forum is not really the place to get an answer to a question like this
  • Options
    I'm not a Tauck employee, and this is by no means an official answer, but I would doubt very much that Tauck would do this. Tauck, like many other companies, is a "Tour Operator", not a travel agency. They book the hotels, restaurants, venue tours, etc., for the convenience of those who go on their tours (in many instances, these are booked several years in advance) . . . and they always do an exceptional job at that.
  • Options
    Like the other two who responded Tauck is busy booking their own trips. Get one of their catalogs and look at some of the hotels and places on the trip and then contact a travel agent to book your trip. Just be aware that Tauck is a first class organization and travelers stay and eat in some of the best places on a trip. Could get expensive if doing it on your own.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Piggybacking on what flatlands64 said, not only do Tauck guests stay at the best places, but also get the best rooms and privileges that other guests may not get.
  • Options
    Libby22 wrote:
    We are interested in doing our own trip similar to the Grand Rockies We have certain time restraints and dates

Are we able to use you similar to a travel agent and get our hotels booked and guides

Please advise Thx

Hi Libby22,

Unfortunately, we do not do provide travel agent services or provide customizable itineraries.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    crackers54 wrote:
    I would say no but call and ask them. the forum is not really the place to get an answer to a question like this
    Is anyone going on the sept 12canadian Rockies tour?
  • Options
    crackers54 wrote:
    Is anyone going on the sept 12canadian Rockies tour?2013
  • Options
    My husband and I will be on that trip. This will be our first land tour and really looking forward to it. Arriving in Vancouver on the 11th.
  • Options
    You're going to love the trip. Tauck will spoil you. I did a daily blog and a web site about our trip earlier this year.

http://www.rabo.com/Blog/Grand_Canadian_Rockies/Grand_Canadian_Rockies.html

http://www.rabo.com/Canadian_Rockies/Canadian_Rockies.html
  • Options
    My husband and I will be on that trip. This will be our first land tour and really looking forward to it. Arriving in Vancouver on the 11th.

My wife and I will join you in Vancouver on Sept 11th, our 12 Tauck trip. Looking forward to a grand time.
    Bon Voyage.....

Skip and Maryann Wilson [Montgomery Al]
  • Options
    CathyM wrote:
    Is anyone going on the sept 12canadian Rockies tour?2013

Cathy: My wife and I will join you on the Sept 12 trip.....our 12th Tauck trip. We are looking forward to a grand adventure. Arriving on Sept 11th, with friends from Charleston, SC.

Skip and Maryann Wilson, [Montgomery AL0
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I planned my own trip this summer based on the Tauck Glacier National Park and Canadian Rockies itinerary. We stayed in the same hotels and did the same activities and then some. We saw the Tauck group at every hotel we visited. We had no trouble booking accommodations and activities. Of course, we had to provide our own transportation and deal with our luggage, etc., but the area was easy to navigate, so it wasn't really a problem. The cost of our 10 day trip was about half of the cost of the Tauck tour. The food in the Fairmont hotels is expensive and, in my opinion, not worth the cost. If you go on your own I suggest eating elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.