Options

Foot wear

Are tennis shoes adequate for the Kenya /Tanzania trip or are hiking boots better? How big is the duffel bag for the two day events?

Comments

• Options
    Hello Angell,

Tennis shoes are adequate for this trip, make sure they are comfortable and offer good support. Also, be aware they might get dusty and dirty. The size of the duffel is approximately 24 inches in length and 12 inches in height.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hi Angell,
    I'm on the trip now. You need shoes that will slip off and on easily as you need to take your shoes off to stand on the seats to take pictures. An old pair of loafers or backless sneakers work well. They will get very dusty and dirty. Happy to answer any other questions. Enjoy your trip. It is the trip of a lifetime!
  • Options
    Thanks for you updates suellyn. They're very helpful.

I've seen several references to standing on the seats in the vehicles to take pictures. I'm 6'3" and wondering from some of the pictures others have posted if I will need to stand on the seats. It appears I might be banging my head on the top.

Are you finding the hotels supply plenty of bottled drinking water?

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your trip!
  • Options
    At 6'3" you definitely will not have to stand on the seats of the Land Cruisers. I'm only 5'1" and I was not comfortable standing on the seats, and I was able to photograph just fine from standing on the floor. I was able to rest my camera on the edge of the roof opening, as short as I am.
  • Options
    Opps! Your water question... Bottled water is plentiful. It is always in your room and you can order as much as want in every hotel. The driver/guides have coolers in the vehicles, filled with bottled water. It may not always be cold, but it is plentiful! Enjoy your trip!
This discussion has been closed.