Options

meds for sea sickness?

I usually do not get seasick but wonder if I should take some type of medication for it in case I succumb. Also, would like some tips for my extra stay days in Reykjavik. Has anyone taken the Icelandic pony rides? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    The ship was really stable so unless you are prone to
    sea sickness, you should be fine. We took this fabulous
    Trip 2 years ago. There is a doctor on board and one of
    our travel pals had a shot for sea sickness but he is often
    sick.
    We all went a day ahead. Enjoyed the botanical garden/
    Farm - a nice walk from hotel.we had wonderful dinner at
    FishMarket restaurant.
    Enjoy !
  • Options
    Looks like there are 2 discussions for the Iceland Trip. One is on this forum the other is on regions. It has been suggested to try the hop on hop off bus if you are coming in early to Reykjavik.
  • Options
    I took this tour last summer and enjoyed it. The ship was stable however one morning I did feel a little wobbly. Do not know if we passed through a storm or what caused it, but I only had the experience for a few hours.

We had added a few extra days. On one day we took the company Nature Explorer and rode in a super jeep out to the base of the volcano that had erupted a few years ago. We used the hop on hop off on another day. We went to the Settlement Museum which was the remains of an original home from the days of the Vikings. The huge church was another stop. The Tauck tour stops there and you can walk inside but we had gone earlier and took the elevator to the top. The view was fantastic.

I did not ride the horses but a friend who was with me did. We did a search for day trips Reykjavik and she discovered the chance to ride. My other friend and I went to the Reykjanes Peninsula. We stopped at places that were not included with Tauck. We also went to the Blue Lagoon and paid for a "private" changing area. Tauck goes there on the last day but we didn't want to carry wet bathing suits home on the plane.

I hope that you enjoy Iceland as much as I did.
This discussion has been closed.