Israel only

Planning to do the Israel only segment of the Israel, Jordan trip May, 2014. Any ideas for what to do in Israel on our own, after the group leaves for Jordan? May stay 2 - 3 more days.

Comments

• Hi Shayne,

I don't have any ideas for what you can do in Israel on your own, but perhaps someone else will chime in.

I would like to ask you a few questions since you are only going to Israel:

For the last six weeks I vacillate between taking this tour in November of this year. So, I must make a decision.
    I very much want to go to Israel it's been a dream, but I am concerned about Jordan.
    Tauck told me they have something called Join/Leave or Leave/Join where I could skip Jordan. I was told by many people Jordan's safe, safe, safe. I'll be with a group. I wouldn't go to Israel without a group.

I see you decided against Jordan. Can you elaborate a little on how you are working this out. How do you get back to your hotel after the group heads for Jordan? I wish the group went to Eilat instead of Joran.
    I would give you my email addy but I don't want to put it on here. Don't know if you can private message, but for the time being perhaps we can do this on the board.

Also, I'm going alone, and it's scary enough without going to Amman. I haven't been out of the country in a long time. The trip home, out of Amman is not a straight run, and I have all crazy scenarios in my head. On the otherhand Petra is suppose to be magnificent. I don't know what to do!!

Whatever you can share, I would appreciate.
  • How I made the decision? If I have to think so much about whether or not to go to Jordan,then perhaps it's best not to go. I decided not to go anywhere that I have trouble deciding whether or not to go. That's how I decided. I have changed my mind multiple times since I made the decision but so far I am sticking with the decision. 4 Israelis I polled told me not to go. One told me to see Petra in a book. The only people who encouraged me to go to Jordan were non Israelis.
  • How I made the decision? If I have to think so much about whether or not to go to Jordan,then perhaps it's best not to go. I decided not to go anywhere that I have trouble deciding whether or not to go. That's how I decided. I have changed my mind multiple times since I made the decision but so far I am sticking with the decision. 4 Israelis I polled told me not to go. One told me to see Petra in a book. The only people who encouraged me to go to Jordan were non Israelis.

After thinking and thinking and deciding to go, look what's going on in Syria. Thanks for your reply.
  • Where will you be. You can go north to Haifa, like going to the mountains, or south to Eilat, with a side trip to Petra, if you haven't done that. Or, the dead sea is certainly a must. If you go North, go to Rosh Pina, lovely little town, like Vermont. Beautiful scenery, artisan community, with a great B&B. You can't go wrong anywhere. Of course, there's Jerusalem, and if it's good weather- the beaches are awesome.
  • I did Egypt and Jordan several years ago. It was wonderful! Now thinking I might like to do ONLY Israel. Looks like this might be possible!
  • Hi Travelers,

I arrive in Tel Aviv mid afternoon the day before tour starts. I might just crash at the hotel. Depending on whether I sleep on the plane.

Other than the hotels, any idea where I could eat dinner (I'm alone) at a reasonably price.

Also, I'd appreciate any suggestions of what I can do during the day before meeting the group at 5:30 for the welcome dinner?

Thanks.
    Enjoys Traveling
  • Well, guess it's a woman's prerogative might have changed our minds and may go to Jordan. Any other vacillators?
  • We did Israel and Jordan this year in February & March. It was terrific. I wouldn't miss Jordan. Remember, Israel and Jordan both border Syria, so that is not an argument. Jordan actually has much less political tension, but we felt safe both places. When traveling with Tauck, they place your safety first. That is one reason we travel with Tauck to places we wouldn't go on our own.
  • I took the Israel and Jordan trip in November.
    My dream was to visit Israel, but I had the time of my life in Jordan.

I took approx five other Tauck Tours and the people were very friendly.
    This tour a lot of the women were stuck up. I was a solo traveler and found this quite disappointing, but it's not going to stop me from traveling again. Very weird group of women, very clicky. Clung on to their men.
    I didn't care. I had a blast.

It's a great tour!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file