Options

Wi-Fi

Comments

• Options
    Hi William,

I'm sure you already know this because this information is on the web page for your trip here on the Tauck site.

Complimentary basic Internet where available in hotel rooms; service levels are not guaranteed. However, please note that operating your own laptop computer or anything containing a hard drive is a risk. Most hard drives sold today safely work up to 10,000 ft (3,048 m). Many locations we visit on tour are at higher elevations than 10,000 feet. While nothing may happen, the hard drive may be destroyed and you may lose your data and installed software even after returning to sea level. Be sure to back up your data before arriving at these high elevations.

How this works practically, I don't know. I know the pills work for people, but I didn't know altitude can make your computer sick! Perhaps there is someone who's actually taken this trip who can help? Someone? Anyone?

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    I have been to Cusco and Machu Picchu and brought my iPad with me. It did not suffer any ill effects. However the trip was not the Tauck tour. The hotels we stayed in however, were the same ones.
    I hope this helps.
    PS. We did not go to Bolivia,
    Terri
  • Options
    I travel with my iPad, which has no hard drive, and a Logitech keyboard. Read a book, watch a movie, take a photo, access the internet and use all those apps! Who needs a laptop anymore, especially when traveling?
  • Options
    We did the tour in April 2013. Carried my Dell Latitude everywhere and had email. Not much WiFi at the Inkaterra, but they were perfectly happy to let me sit in the lobby and get messages. There's is not much "down" time on the trip that allows for browsing the net.
  • Options
    We did the tour in April 2013. Carried my Dell Latitude everywhere and had email. Not much WiFi at the Inkaterra, but they were perfectly happy to let me sit in the lobby and get messages. There's is not much "down" time on the trip that allows for browsing the net.

Hi Big Chief! How was the weather when you went last April? What sort of clothes did your wife take? sweater? winter jacket?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file