Rhine & Moselle North Trip

I am departing from Basel, Switzerland 8/22 and will return 9/3 from Amsterdam. If you've taken this trip at
this time, what was the weather like? Also, I will be in a solo traveler room...anyone have any comments about this stateroom? deck?

Comments

• I was solo on 2 river cruises. Took cat 1 to save money. the rooms are the same size as the middle flr. Only difference is doesn't have flr to ceiling window. Not a problem. I don't spend much time in my room. When on the ship was either in the lounge in the small room in the back or on deck when weather was nice. Best memory was going down the Moselle one afternoon just enjoying the gentle glide of the ship. I went in early May and weather was great then.
  • Hi Nanno,

We took this river cruise two years ago leaving July 13th from Basel. It was very hot in Switzerland and continued until we arrived in Amsterdam. You'll have to keep checking the weather right up to the time you leave home. It was a wonderful river cruise and we booked one last summer from Bucharest to Budapest. Are you going into Basel earlier. It is a love little town with lots of museums. It's become an big art center as well. The hotel gives its guests a free pass to ride the electric buses around Basel.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.