Options

may 16th tour

My husband and I will be on the tour may 16th to china. is anyone interested in the Jewish tour of shanghai? we have heard it is a must. i would try to arrange in advance with tauck..Bette

Comments

• Options
    Yes! My husband and I are very interested in this Jewish tour of Shanghai. We have also heard it was a must and would love to have it pre-arranged, with Tauck, if possible. Thank you! Gayle
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    [My husband and I will be on the tour may 16th to china. is anyone interested in the Jewish tour of shanghai? we have heard it is a must. i would try to arrange in advance with tauck..Bette[/quote]

[I sent this as a previous reply to someone else, but here it is again..I think the price is $60-80, not the $250 that someone else quoted:

[We took this tour ( Tauck China and the Tour of Jewish Shanghai) a few years ago. You are in for a great time with both. The Jewish Tour director is Dvir Bar-Gal at shanghaijews@hotmail.com and his mobile phone is (+86) 13002146702 Enjoy
    [/size][/size]
  • Options
    I am going to confirm with Tauck which day would be the best to set up this tour. Thank you so much for this information. Then I will email the tour director and see what he can do to set this up. Gayle
  • Options
    Tauck tour director will probably NOT set this up, but whatever day you are free it is easy to set it up on your own. If you google Shanghai-jews you should reach D'var's website
  • Options
    We are not on the May 16th tour.....Our tour departs on May 21st.... We leave home on May 16th....
    I will look up the website........... Thanks, Gayle
  • Options
    We just returned from this tour and a half dozen individuals opted to make this trip. To a person, they raved about the experience.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Boomerangix
    How long was the tour and what was the cost? Did anyone ask about an afternoon tour?
  • Options
    We are on the May 16th tour too and are also very interested in going on the Jewish Tour in Shanghai. Please definitely count us in! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you on this tour. When and where are you leaving from?
  • Options
    By the way, I forgot to write my name to my post. Googie is Sandy and my husband is Ira.
  • Options
    burtr wrote:
    Boomerangix
    How long was the tour and what was the cost? Did anyone ask about an afternoon tour?
    Honestly I could not say. My impression was that the tour was about half a day, as the group rejoined us after their outing. If I can find out from one of the group, I will post the details here.
  • Options
    Hi Bette - I don't know if you have read the posts from the May 9th Tour, but it looks like that group was informed that a private tour of the Shanghai Ghetto could be arranged in the afternoon of our free day (for our group, it is Tuesday, May 28th) if we got together a group of 8 people. From reading the responses to your post, it looks like there are 6 of us already. I wonder if he would do it for 6? Hope we can go there! Keep us informed, and if you need any assistance, I will be glad to help. Sandy
  • Options
    googie. just saw all the replies. we are leaving tuesday may 14th from jfk on cathay pacific..i emailed the gent in shanghai just now so will probably not have an answer to report right away..
  • Options
    googie and anyone else/// where and when are you coming from?
  • Options
    We would love to be part of the group visiting the Jewish quarter in Shangai. We visit Jewish communities in every city. Please count us in, if it is at all possible. I am Joe and my wife is Lucy.
This discussion has been closed.