Welcome to Tauck's Christmas Markets Along the Danube Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Christmas Markets Along the Danube Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Looking to book a Christmas Markets cruise for 2013 and have strong leaning towards Tauck. Can anyone give me their reasons why Tauck over the other companies. I would like to hear from actual travelers, especially ones who have done the Christmas Danube cruise, rather than just the promo stuff. Thanks for any and all replies
  • We are on the Dec 2nd tour and are pre-staying and post staying 2 nights in Vienna/Nuremburg...any TO DO/TO SEE suggestions?
  • debca wrote:
    Looking to book a Christmas Markets cruise for 2013 and have strong leaning towards Tauck. Can anyone give me their reasons why Tauck over the other companies. I would like to hear from actual travelers, especially ones who have done the Christmas Danube cruise, rather than just the promo stuff. Thanks for any and all replies
    We did the Rhine Christmas Markets last year and loved it so much we booked the Danube for this year. So even though we haven't done the Danube cruise yet, I can tell you Tauck is top notch - that's the whole reason we booked with them again this year. Wonderful cruise, accomodations, staff, tours, meals etc. Absolutely no complaints - you can't loose with Tauck. They provide excellent value!
  • Hi Kathi,
    Which Danube sail will you be on? I will be going on the December 8th one from Nuremburg to Vienna, and it will be my first solo travel.,
    I also did the CM trip on the Rhine and loved it. I did Blue Danube sail and ranked it my BEST trip..so add Christmas .....Wonderful!
    Merry Christmas...hope to sail with you!
  • RoselleCB, my friends and I are on the December 2 Vienna to Nuremberg cruise., staying 2 nights pre/post-cruise. We're planning to attend the Advent music event at St. Stephan's Cathedral on November 30, and the ballet at the State Opera on December 1. We'll probably be tired on November 30, but we heard the Advent music is wonderful and hopefully the cold will keep us awake.
  • debca,
    We have traveled the Christmas markets several time with another company and found it adequate. Last Christmas we took the Tauck Southbound from Koln to Basel. It was by far a more marvelous experience than before. All the Tour personel were top notch as well as the crew and ship. At every turn we were pampered as we have never been before on a river cruise. Everything is very personal and having 4 Tauck people(Steve, Jeremy, Johanna & Yenner) on the ship made for a wonderful time both on the ship and on the excursions. With all things included you just set back and enjoy.

We have already reserved a place in 2013 for both the Danube Eastbound and the Rhine Northbound back to back. We really enjoyed all the market cities especially the smaller ones. Basel is well worth an extra day to see the markets at night.

If I can be of further help please let me know. I am now a Tauck convert!!!

B. Walter, Vintage Musicals
  • Our trip is getting close - less than 2 weeks away!! We are on the westbound Vienna to Nuremburg (Jewel) leaving on the 8th of December. Looking forward to meeting all the other guests!!
This discussion has been closed.