seasickness on ship

I am considering this trip but easily become seasick. I am wondering what others experiences were like onboard.

Comments

• I'm a little concerned too. Trying to decide whether to bring just my wristbands and Meclizine or also bring the "patch" as insurance!
  • Difficult to say whether you will or will not have bad weather on the seas. I traveled in mid-Feb 2012. The first 2 nites in the Caribbean at night were a bit rough - lots of side-side swaying (also depends on floor on ship - higher up - more swaying) - and may keep you up at night. Pacific was extremely smooth. Having had sea-sickness myself before, never got it.

But it really all depends on the weather going on. I would not stress out about it, but if concerned, bring along some sea-sickness pills in case. This is an amazing tour that I am SO very glad I did.
  • Motion sickness affects people in different ways. My wife uses an electronic "relief band" that is available online. It is an absolute live saver for her. I use bonine which is better than Dramamine with no side effects. We also take crystalized ginger on trips for just that moment that you need something soothing. The patch may work but the relief band works in just a matter of 10 seconds. The key to minimizing motion sickness is to book a room in the middle of the ship on the lower floors. We have traveled on ships in Asia, Australia, South America, the Pacific, British Isles, Med Sea, and North Sea.
This discussion has been closed.