Options

Panama City

We are arriving in Panama City on January 22, 2013. The Tauck meet and greet is on January 23, 2013. Any ideas for things to do and/or see during the day on the 23rd in addition to what Tauck will cover on the 24th?

Comments

• Options
    In addition to walking around the area - (btw - incredible tides to see right there), I would recommend getting a taxi through the hotel to go to Casco Viejo. Depending on how much walking you want and can do....you will walk around it on the tour, but I would have loved to have spent a good 4 hours or more there to see much more of it. Lots of cute cafe's, great architecture, great for walking around - though you could get lost. People are very friendly and helpful. Casco Viejo is the old panama city, vs the new modern city where the hotel is.

I would not bother on your extra day with going to the Biodiversity Museum. When we visited on the tour in Feb 2012, it was still under construction (and it is part of your tour) - after a 1-hour slide show of what the museum will offer, and models to look at - we were all pretty much asleep - the only highlight was walking outside to see where the ships enter/exit to head to the locks.

Have a great trip - it is one of the best trips I've taken (loved the ship too!).
  • Options
    We are on the Westbound Feb. 16 tour and will arrive late on Feb. 15 so will also be looking for some activity on the 16th.......
  • Options
    Panama City offers many tourist attractions that have been also capturing the interest of business travelers, arriving on a work tour in this city. Las Bóvedas, Museo del Canal Interoceánico, Palacio de las Garzas, Teatro Nacional, Bridge of Life Museum, Amador Causeway, Mi Pueblitos, Casco Viejo and Panama Canal are the must to visit sites in Panama city.
This discussion has been closed.