Foodie Tour

I was wondering about what time the Foodie Tour ends in Sydney. This would be on Day 9 of the Australia/New Zealand tour in 2013. We are planning on doing on the Harbour Bridge Climb that afternoon and need to arrange our climb time. Also, is the Intercontinental Hotel within walking distance to where the bridge climb is located? Thank-you for information.

Comments

• Hello TL19711,

The Foodie Tour ends at about 2:30 in the afternoon on Day 9, also keep in mind that Day 10 is a free day in Sydney. The Harbor Bridge is about a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. Here is a link to the directions: https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-beta&ie=UTF-8&q=Sydney+Harbour+Bridge&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Sydney+Harbour+Bridge&cid=0,0,7535804993526350910&mid=1353957018

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Good grief! I saw Foodie Tour under Australia and had to check it out. How pathetic is that! Nothing to see here.... moving right along....... ;)))
  • We just made Bridge Climb reservations for the free day, the day after the foodie tour. We are doing the early twilight which starts at 15:15 plus we have to be there at 15:00 which for our date of April 17, 2013 would give us 30 just minutes to get to the start of the bridge climb from the foodie tour (day earlier). I don't know about you but not knowing your way around could make this a bit of a squeeze! We determined the time of sunset for Sydney to be 5:30 PM on April 17. But the easier thing to do is to go to the bridge tour reservations for the day you want and start the process of reserving your tickets. Pick either early or late twilight (plus type of climb) and that will tell you the time you need to be there. You might also give yourself more time by picking the express climb. Hope this helps.
  • Hoot45...Thank-you for the valuable information on both of your posts (Foodie Tour and Bridge Climb)! Did you happen to also pay for one of the photo packages ahead of time? If we do the Bridge Climb, we need to do it on the day of the Foodie Tour, as we are going on a Blue Mountain Tour on our free day. Again, thank-you!
  • Plenty of time to do bridge climb on day of foodie tour. Just got back from trip (had a great time). Make the reservations before leaving on trip so you can get good time. I think the tour you are planing gets back late and they will set up your included dinner on the day of the foodie tour, because you will get back too late on the free day. I had tickets to the concert at Sydney Opera House and had dinner with 6 others that had ticket to show.

• Crackers54...thank-you for the information...we are really looking forward to the whole Tauck tour!
  • TL19711 wrote:
    Hoot45...Thank-you for the valuable information on both of your posts (Foodie Tour and Bridge Climb)! Did you happen to also pay for one of the photo packages ahead of time? If we do the Bridge Climb, we need to do it on the day of the Foodie Tour, as we are going on a Blue Mountain Tour on our free day. Again, thank-you!

TL19711: Sorry I did not reply earlier but we did buy the whole photo package. I just hope I can use parts of it in my home movie!!
This discussion has been closed.