The Jewish District in Prague

We are booked on the May 30th cruise and plan to spend two extra nights in Prague. We wish to visit areas that are not on the tour. Does the tour include the Jewish District or should we do this on our own? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Bev

Comments

• Hello byelen,

On Day 2 there is free time time in the afternoon where you can walk around on your own or there is an optional tour in the afternoon (no additional costs), orientation walk of the Jewish Quarter (no inside visits).

If you are interested in going into each of the temples are taking a deeper look, it is suggested that you do it during your pre-stay.

Hope this helps
  • Thank you for the information.

Bev
  • We too will be on the same cruise. Hope to meet you.
  • Dear redhedla,

From everything I have read or heard, this trip should be spectacular. We went on the Holland cruise last year and thoroughly enjoyed the River Cruising. We look forward to meeting you.

Bev
  • Hello. I was on Danube cruise last June. I developed a great list if things to do and have a great private guide to recommend. If interested post your address and I'll forward. By the way, I'm on the April 23 Belgium to Holland river cruise.
    Tour in Prague covers Jewish Quarter well.
  • Make sure while in Prague you go to a concert. We went to the Leichtenstein Castle for a 4 piece quartet. It was really good and the hotel provided up a ride and pick up after the concert.
  • edited January 2013
    Sharharr. I am very interested in getting your notes, suggestions, and info. on private guide. We are going on this trip on May 9th. Arrive one day early in Budapest and stay two extra nights in Prague. You can write to me at pugperson@socal.rr.com Thanks
  • Hi SHARHARR ,

I would very much like to have your personal Blue Danube travel guide. We will stay 2 nights in Prague before the tour begins. Please send the info to yelblvd@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Bev

• Sharharr,
    I am going to Prague this July and would very much like the contact info for your guide and your trip notes. My address is susansleis@gmail.com. Thanks!
  • Bev, I'm looking forward to meeting you too.
  • Sharharr, I would love a copy of your Prague notes and guide. My email is redhedla@gmail.com. Many thanks.
  • SHARHARR wrote:
    Hello. I was on Danube cruise last June. I developed a great list if things to do and have a great private guide to recommend. If interested post your address and I'll forward. By the way, I'm on the April 23 Belgium to Holland river cruise.
  • Sharharr. I would love a copy of your notes and guide from Prague. We are on the trip June 13th Eastbound and looking forward to it. kimkreed@comcast.net
  • Hi SHARHARR,
    You may have created a demand here but my wife and I are going on the May 16th Prague to Budapest cruise (our first river cruise) and have three added days in Prague. Can you kindly forward your notes and information on the Jewish Section to bobsw@comcast.net. Most appreciated.

We're also interested in visiting Terezin and Cesky Kromlov (so we can see Salzburg on the cruise) on two of those days. Any further advice, suggestions or wisdom here?
    Thanks again...Bob
  • SHARHARR wrote:
    Hello. I was on Danube cruise last June. I developed a great list if things to do and have a great private guide to recommend. If interested post your address and I'll forward. By the way, I'm on the April 23 Belgium to Holland river cruise.

I would very much like to receive a copy of your notes as well as the name of your guide. Many thanks.
    Vandmreiss@aol.com
  • Sharharr, I would love a copy of your notes as well. efg929@aol.com Thanks!
  • Sharharr, I would like to see your notes and guide recommendation as well. Please email levinelaw@aol.com. Thanks.
  • Shaarharr
    We are going on the June 6 riverboat cruise on the Danube. We are also going to be in Budapest and Prague for an extra day. We would like to receive a copy of your notes and the name of your guide. My email address is shirleys327@att.net. Thanks.
    Jewel
  • Hi Sharharr,
    I would greatly appreciate if you could send me your notes/recommendations as well.
    Thank you in advance.
    wolfshin@hotmail.com
  • Sharharr, I, too, would very much appreciate receiving your suggestions on the Danube trip, which we will be taking July 5. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
  • Oops. Sorry, Sharharr, that I omitted my email address when I posted my request to you. It is llowe2@cox.net. Thanks again.
  • SHARHARR wrote:

Hi Sharharr, We are on the June 13th Prague-Budapest cruise and would love your list that you have put together.
    My email is dyeeye@comcast.net

Thanks so much for your efforts
  • SHARHARR wrote:

Hi Sharharr-

We are thinking of taking the Danube cruise in the fall and would greatly appreciate having your info of things to do, private guide, and the Jewish Quarter in Prague.
    My email address is: mbrowe6130@comcast.net

Thanks so much--Mel & Barry Rowe
  • mbrowe wrote:
    Hi Sharharr-

We are thinking of taking the Danube cruise in the fall and would greatly appreciate having your info of things to do, private guide, and the Jewish Quarter in Prague.
    My email address is: mbrowe6130@comcast.net

Thanks so much--Mel & Barry [Employee Name]

Tour is included for the Jewish quarter in Prague.
  • Hi Sharhar,
    We are taking the August 22nd cruise and would appreciate your suggestions about things to do before the cruise begins as well as information about a tour guide. Any suggestions about a dress code would also be appreciated.
    pkafka5340@aol
  • Sharharr, we also are planning the danube cruise in May 2014. if you would be so kind as to share your notes and guide information. I would so appreciate the info. Lunachik1@aol.com
  • BobandJoan wrote:
    Hi SHARHARR,
    You may have created a demand here but my wife and I are going on the May 16th Prague to Budapest cruise (our first river cruise) and have three added days in Prague. Can you kindly forward your notes and information on the Jewish Section to bobsw@comcast.net. Most appreciated.

We're also interested in visiting Terezin and Cesky Kromlov (so we can see Salzburg on the cruise) on two of those days. Any further advice, suggestions or wisdom here?
    Thanks again...Bob

Hi Bob & Joan. My husband and I will be on your cruise. It's our first river cruise too. We usually do the Royal Caribbean. Would you mind forwarding me the info you get from Sharharr?
    My email is pewter341@aol.com.
  • Hi Monica...I never did hear back from Sharharr on the Tauck forum or otherwise. Sorry. Guess (s)he was overwhelmed with requests.

Joan and I arrive in Prague on the afternoon of Monday, May 13th and I'm just in the process of planning tours for Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. We've booked the Jewish Quarter tour (3 hours) for Tuesday morning with Whittman and want to go to Terezin (6 hours) at some point. When do you arrive? ...Bob

• If anyone has the name and info of that recommended private guide for Prague could they pass it on to me. stellasgrandma@gmail.com Hoping to do the Danube in 2014. Anyone have info on going to Warsaw and Krakow from Prague or before going to Prague? and what is best months NOT to get low water level?
  • Sharharr,
    Would love your notes and recommendations for guide for Prague mmonahan2@COX.NET
This discussion has been closed.