changes in Itinerary?

In looking over the Itinerary sent with our documents for the October 29th tour, it looks like several things are no longer being done so I'm checking to see if they have been eliminated or just aren't on the printout.

I know that the trip is 1 day shorter than last year's and that we now have 1 1/2 days "on your own" in Sydney but it looks like the "flames in the forest" in Queensland and the Haka dance/singing in Rotorua have also been eliminated. Please say it isn't so!

Comments

• CL and DL wrote:
    In looking over the Itinerary sent with our documents for the October 29th tour, it looks like several things are no longer being done so I'm checking to see if they have been eliminated or just aren't on the printout.

I know that the trip is 1 day shorter than last year's and that we now have 1 1/2 days "on your own" in Sydney but it looks like the "flames in the forest" in Queensland and the Haka dance/singing in Rotorua have also been eliminated. Please say it isn't so!

Surely that isn't the case. Those are both listed as highlights of the trip. Hopefully Tauck will clarify for us.
  • Hi Folks,

Thank you for your questions. I know that this tour has been enhanced I have notified the Tour Management team to get confirmation. Please stay tuned and I will update this forum posting when I hear back.

Best,
    Emily
  • We are scheduled for the October 22nd Australia/New Zealand tour and the itinerary has changed also as noted by the last post. Interesting that we would now have 1 1/2 free days in Sydney???
  • Hello Folks,

So here's the info I got from the Product Manager:

We did take out the “Flames in the Forest” dinner and replaced it with a Australia Fare Banquet at the Kewarra Beach resort. The reviews from our past guests who experienced the dinner were not positive. The distance to the venue required us to drive 1 hour each way and after a long day of sightseeing, our guests did not appreciate the dinner due to the long drive. So we made the change.

The Haka Dance/singing in Rotorua is still part of the program.

As for the 1 1/2 days in Sydney, the majority of our guests wanted more free time in Sydney to explore on their own, that being said tour directors are always available to you.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Thanks, Emily, reasonable explanation and glad to see the Haka dance still in still on the itinerary.

Hate to question even more but am wondering if the Victoria Market is no longer part of the Melbourne City tour. It is not listed in the paperwork either. We had heard from a traveler on last October's trip that it was only a quick 1/2 hour or so on the City tour but that they went back later. We will be in Melbourne 2 days before and would go Monday before the meet & greet dinner if the Market is open on Monday (is it?). I envision it a more sophisticated version of the Bazaar in Istanbul so didn't want to miss it.
  • Hi CL & DL,

These are the hours for the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne:

Monday CLOSED
    Tuesday 6am to 2pm
    Wednesday CLOSED
    Thursday 6am to 2pm
    Friday 6am to 5pm (General Merchandise to 4pm)
    Saturday 6am to 3pm
    Sunday 9am to 4pm

The QV is primarily a fresh food (fruit, vegetables, meat, fish & small goods). Over time it has expanded to include, as described above, general merchandise. The opening days follow the traditional European market days ... and the hours have evolved over time. It is a European style food market not a Middle Eastern style bazaar. It's old, but not that old! However, you will probably find many of the foodstuffs you would find in an eastern bazaar, just not for sale in open baskets. It is well worth a visit. Apart from the produce it's a fun place to be for locals and tourists alike.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Hello CL and DL,

You will see/visit the Queen Victoria Market on Day 2 of the itinerary. Later on in the afternoon, you have some time to explore Melbourne at your leisure.

Don't worry about asking too many questions, that's what we are here for. Ask away!

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.