Options

dress code on this tour

My wife and I are contemplating taking this 13 day tour in September 2013. Are there times when formal dress is required, e.g., coat and tie for men and cocktail dresses (or the like) for women?

Merci!

John Todd

Comments

• Options
    My husband and I did this trip August 26, 2012, so we have recently returned. Yes, a jacket for the men is needed, but not necessarily a tie. Something a bit on the dressy side, but not necessarily a really dressy cocktail dress for the women. There are several occassions where the itiniary we were given there noted "jackets for men". There were a few men who did not bring jackets and that did not cause a problem with admittance, but they wished they had brought jackets or dressy woman's apparel when they saw everyone else all dressed up. Late August was cool this year so bring a few sweaters or lightwight jackets too.
  • Options
    Francesca, much obliged for your helpful answer. Now, on to the sign up process!

Cheers,

JT
  • Options
    One other thing you may be interesd in knowing. Our trip started in Versailles on a Sunday evening and the next morning we were off. We left the states and stayed in Paris for 3 days before we went out to Versailles--again early so we had two full days to see it. Beautiful, but it does take at least 2 days at a good pace to see. Versailles has it's own website and you can purchse tickets to see things the pass Tauck provides doesn't, ie the private royal apartments, an evening serenade. The private tour of the royal apartments ended inside the palace so we did not have to wait on any long lines to get in--if you choose not to do this tour, go early, as the lines begin to get very long about 45 minutes before the gates open. The town of Versailles also has an open market on Sundays from 10-1. Have fun, it's a great tour.
  • Options
    Now to decide out of six possible Tauck tours (Europe) which one to take! Will file your useful info away, nonetheless. Thanks again,

John
This discussion has been closed.