Options

luggage weight for flights between vietnam, cambodia and laos

what is the maximum amount of weight for luggage on these flighs? we are doing this trip Oct 10, 2012 any advice nyou can share to make this trip special and without disappointment? thanks gw

Comments

• Options
    Hi gladw

Due to strictly enforced weight restrictions, luggage weight per person must not exceed 44 pounds (20 kilos) and guests are permitted only one piece of checked luggage. Luggage exceeding the allowable weight is subject to excess baggage charges which can result in a considerable additional expense.

Airline cabin baggage may not weigh more than 15 pounds, and the MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS are 20" x 15" x 10" (including all wheels, handles etc.). If these dimensions are exceeded, the carry-on will be checked at the gate. Airport regulations require that passengers handle their own luggage through customs.

These regulations are current at the time of this posting and are subject to change at any time by the airline.

Be sure to attach your Tauck baggage tag to your checked luggage before leaving home. Gratuities for luggage handling are included in the tour price.

On intra-tour flights the following additional items are also allowed:
    - One small size handbag/purse
    - One coat or one blanket
    - One umbrella or one walking stick
    - One pair of crutches
    - One small camera/binoculars

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    We are flying in into Hanoi with an extra luggage we need for our post-tour trip. Can you please recommend a place where we can store our extra luggage in Hanoi airport?
  • Options
    Jerry A wrote:
    We are flying in into Hanoi with an extra luggage we need for our post-tour trip. Can you please recommend a place where we can store our extra luggage in Hanoi airport?

Hi Jerry A,

I received your message on Facebook as well. I have forwarded your question to our tour manager as those of us at the home office are not too familiar with the Hanoi Airport.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hello Jerry A,

We checked with our local partners in Hanoi. They do not recommend storing luggage at the Hanoi airport. The airport is very small and your luggage may not be safe if stored there for 16 days.

Another option is that we can store your luggage at our partner's office in Hanoi. When you are in Hanoi, you can hand over the luggage to the guide. When you return from Luang Prabang, the luggage will be brought to the airport and the porters will have it for you at the airport. The tour directors and the local guide will coordinate this. There is a fee of $83 USD to the local guide in Hanoi for this service.

Please let me know if this is something you'd like for us to arrange and it will be noted on your account.

Hope this helps,
    Emily

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file