Le Ponat

We are considering doing the Treasures of the Med trip in 2013. I do get sea sick and don't like very confined spaces so am wondering whether Le Ponat is the only ship that sails this trip. Everything about the destinations appeals so much. We just completed a Tauck trip on the River Rhone and the riverboat was wonderful everything about the trip was faultless, and we therefore want to travel with tauck again..and again. I know the Windstar does the Aegean why not the Med? This is a bigger ship with larger cabins.

Comments

• If you tend to get seasick, I would not recommend the LePonant. We loved it, but the cabins are small and if the sea is rough you will feel it. Why don't you take another Tauck riverboat trip? We have taken two of them and enjoyed them sooooooooooo much. Why don't you take the Rhine/Moselle? The castles along the way were magnificent see.

Sheila
  • We took the Le Ponant trip in May 2011. We did have some rough water leaving Valletta. However, after that it was smooth sailing. We had previously taken a cruise ship in the Mediterranian and also had some rough seas. We have recommended this trip to friends who are taking it in Oct. We did enjoy the ship. The cabins are small but well designed and you are not there very often.
  • The cabins are small but you aren't in there all that often - most of the time is spent on shore or on the outside areas on the boat. We had great weather and pretty smooth sailing until the portion from Elba to Nice - lots of wind and very heavy seas. Many passengers were seasick and there were a couple of injuries. Except for this we loved the trip.
This discussion has been closed.