March 2013

Is anyone planning on going to Hawaii in March 2013 ? I have been on two Tauck tours and would like to do the Hawaii tour in March. I am a solo traveler but would be interested in couples, siblings, solos or anyone who might be considering this tour in March. Have had wonderful experiences with Tauck. I would also be interested in any imput from anyone who has taken this tour in the last couple of years. Thanks

Comments

• I am also a solo traveler and am considering this tour for the first of March 2013. I have never been on a Tauck tour before, but received an advertisement in the mail. It looks like an interesting way to travel. However, I am also considering a cruise that goes to all of the islands combined with a stay for one week at an all-inclusive resort on only one of the islands. It looks like the cost is roughly equal for both options.

What makes the Tauck vacations that much better?

• Hi OkieLawyer,

First up, I haven't taken the Tauck Hawaiian trip. It's on my list, but it's not that easy to get to from Australia. Terrible flights ... I'll get there one of these days. However, I can tell you what it's like to travel with Tauck.

I've been a traveller all my life, lest you think I only travel with Tauck. I've taken 16 trips with them and have just booked 2 for next year. Like you, I choose to travel solo. In my experience, Tauck are a very professional company ... in the way they design and run their trips. Their Tour Directors are first rate. Tauck seems to think of everything to make their travellers comfortable and happy. Since I'm not a novice traveller, it's nice to see that Tauck really do know what they're doing! You can tell because the mechanics of the experience are practically invisible. Most things are included in the price. They don't pop in little things like ... oh, a special meal that you can attend for just a little bit extra. Or a tour to a locational icon, for another little bit extra. Tauck include all these things in their basic price. They are more likely to spring some little treat on you! And they don't make a habit of taking you somewhere when everyone knows the site is closed on Tuesdays ... or whatever. They'll take you on a Monday or organise a private viewing for the Tuesday!

Another selling point for me is that you have a choice of the a la carte menu for meals, and Tauck includes most of them. It does depend where you are, practically speaking, but I don't think I've ever been faced with a "compulsory" dish. I suffered through travel experiences like that in my 20s. Sure as heck not doing that now! They use excellent hotel, too, some you'd be hard pressed to get on other tours or even as an independent traveller. I really do think Tauck give you exceptional value for money. If you calculate the things other companies charge extra for, it's amazing how quickly those other people start to lose their perceived price advantage.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Oakie, I agree with the previous post. You can't go wrong with Tauck although it sounds like the cruise might be more relaxing with a week at one location. My plans for Hawaii in March will have to be put off for awhile due to personal reasons. I still intend to do the Hawaii trip with Tauck but just not in March.
  • Oakie, I should have added that I'm not a cruiser. Not my thing. It's all about the destination for me, not the sitting on a boat to get there. Horses for courses. Hope you enjoy Hawaii however you choose to travel!

Cheers,

Jan
  • I, too, should have added that I don't cruise. That is why Tauck works for me when I travel.
This discussion has been closed.