July 28,2013 Grand European River Cruise

My wife and I are going on the Grand European River Cruise July 2013, Anyone else reading the Forum traveling on that cruise, this is our first time on a river cruise, second tour with Tauck.

JJ Kansas

Comments

• edited September 2012
    My wife and I just signed up for this cruise on MS Treasure ship. Is that the same ship as yours? This will be our first river cruise. We took an Alaska cruise/land tour a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

Michigan
  • Hello Michigan, Yes we're going on the Treasure leaving Amsterdam July 28,2013 if that is your trip, first river boat cruise for us, have cruised before with a couple of lines, Looking forward to the trip and meeting others on the Treasure, are you traveling from Amsterdam to Bucharest ?
  • edited September 2012
    My Aunt and I will be on the July 28th cruise; this will be our first river cruise and first with Tauck. Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone. We will be celebrating her 80th birthday and plan on being in Amsterdam for 2 days before the cruise. Linda Amacker
  • Hello Linda Amacker, glad to hear you are on the MS Treasure, Jane and,I and 2 friends will be on board, our first river cruise also , we have heard all good reports and have enjoyed other Tauck Tours, we are looking forward to Amsterdam and meeting fellow travelers on the cruise. I am a little concerned about the weather in August, hoping it will not be to hot. Jerry Hodges
  • Hello Jerry, I checked the weather for that time of year and the weather in Amsterdam should be very pleasant temperature wise however it can be rainy at that time of the year. As we get further south the weather will certainly warm up. Amsterdam in late July average highs in the low to mid 70's and Budapest in the high 80's. I don't know about the humidity and that could be a factor. But being from the south we are used to much higher temps and humidity all summer. Linda
  • To all of you who will be taking their first river boat trip with Tauck, you will be very pleased with their product. We have taken two river boat trips with them as well as five or six small boat adventures. We now total about 19 tours with them and today my husband booked Antartica for January 2014 since 2013 is sold out. We returned from the Treasures on Labor Day weekend from a great trip starting in Bucharest to Budapest. We wish we could have done the whole Grand European River Cruse, but had to be back to work. If you have any questions, just post them here.

Sheila
  • Hi. My wife and I are also on the July 28, 2013 Amsterdam to Budapest River Criuse. This is our first river cruise. We have taken several other Tauck tours and have never been disappointed. We are arriving Amsterdam on 7/27. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I am sure we will have a great time.

John & Cathy Palese
  • Hi, John & Cathy. My aunt and I will be aboard this tour. We arrive in Amsterdam on 7/26 staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are from New Orleans.
    Linda Amacker & Carol Calvo
  • Hi Fellow Travelers!

JIm & Ellen here from Syracuse, NY on our first Rivercruise. Glad to hear some fellow US travelers are in the group. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks for listening and BON VOYAGE !!!

• My wife and I just signed up for this cruise on MS Treasure ship. Is that the same ship as yours? This will be our first river cruise. We took an Alaska cruise/land tour a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

Michigan
    Now that the rivers are all open again, does anyone know how severe the damage to the cities along the river. A major part of the cruise is getting off the boat to view the cities. Not sure if most the damage will be cleaned up by July 28 trip.
  • Today is July 16th and Jane and I are packing for the Grand European Cruise I'm sure we'll forget something, July 28,2013 is getting close and we still don't know what we're going to do in Amsterdam, but we'll figure it out . We're looking forward to meeting all you travelers and leaving Kansas City for awhile (actually the suburb Olathe, Kansas). Got our Euros and Jane is ready to shop, I've warned her that only what will fit in her suitcase, mine is full !! See you on board the Treasures or at the hotel before.
    Jerry and Jane Hodges
This discussion has been closed.