Options

Location of Dock or Pier in Amsterdam

We are traveling Amsterdam to Budapest in April 2013 and would like to book a hotel for two nights prior to the beginning of the cruise, with fairly easy access to the boat. Does anyone know the location of the dock or pier that Tauck uses?
Thanks Susan

Comments

• Options
    Hi Susan,

The dock is right down in the harbor area across from the train station. If you go to www.tripadvisor.com, you can research the hotels in the area. If it's your first time in Amsterdam and you want to see Ann Frank's house, you'll want to reserve tickets on line in advance.

Sheila

• Options
    Thank you so much It is our first time and we do want to go to Anne Frank House and will book tickets ahead. And any other tips would be appreciated Susan
  • Options
    Hi Susan,

Tripadvisor.com and cruisecritic.com have very active boards. If you go to both websites, you can get great answers to any questions you might have on Amsterdam. Tauck customers are also posting there as well as on this Travel Forum. On cruisecritic, Amsterdam and other ports have their own threads.

Happy traveling. Tauck does a wonderful river cruise.

Sheila
  • Options
    Regarding the question of hotel recommendations for before the cruise - why not ask Tauck or let them book one for you?
  • Options
    regarding the hotel by Tauck unfortunately we were quoted $620.00/night and that is way too much for us. I have found a nice place $415 Euro for three nights and is recommended by Fodor"s near Dam square and the station so should be OK.
  • Options
    suebalog wrote:
    regarding the hotel by Tauck unfortunately we were quoted $620.00/night and that is way too much for us. I have found a nice place $415 Euro for three nights and is recommended by Fodor"s near Dam square and the station so should be OK.

Would you mind sharing the contact information for the nice place at $415 Euro (~$545) for three nights? What is the room occupancy at this rate?
  • Options
    The hotel is Hotel Rho on Nes street near dam square. The occupancy is double for both and includes breakfast. Information first found in Fodors guide. Booked on Hotel.nl Susan
  • Options
    I stayed in town (not the Tauck hotel) and got good rate whenI went a few years back. Did not cost too much to take taxi to the doc.

I recommend going to see the tulips. I found you can catch bus in town to the airport and catch connecting bus right to the door. Was real easy and did not have to take a tour and have to watch the clock. I did the Anne Frank house on our half day free in town.

In Budapest I enjoyed the Parlimont building and the synagogue. both were worth it if you have the time.
  • Options
    I just remembered I was told Anne Frank house is half way from the Art museum in town to the dock. That might give you idea of how far. I walked to the Anne Frank house it was maybe about a mile from the museum were we were at for the end of the day tour for our free time or so cause it did not take me long to walk it.
This discussion has been closed.