Options

Antarctica January 27, 2013

Hello,
Just looking to see if others have yet booked this trip. My husband and I are looking forward to this adventure. We are beginning to review clothing needed for the trip. We welcome any feedback on this, or anything else regarding this wonderful trip. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

My DH is taking this trip in December 2013 or January 2014. Scroll down on the Antarctica threads below and read the info that Tauck Tim has posted as to what to take to wear on the ship. I printed it for my DH so he can know what he needs.

Please report back here when you return. Happy travels!

Sheila
  • Options
    Hi,
    I went on this trip in December 2011 and it was fabulous!

For clothing I would recommend keeping it light for on the ship. The ship seemed to be kept rather warm, so the sweaters and turtlenecks were a bit much for the daily wear.

I would bring one good sweater or sweatshirt to wear on the excursions with the appropriate under clothing (under armour, long johns, turtle necks) but for dining and lounging, you would be fine in light weight shirts or blouses or even short sleeved golf type shirts. The attire is casual, but I heard more than one person comment on how warm the dining rooms were.

Have a great time. It is a trip of a life time, one that I will always remember!
  • Options
    Our tour director on last week's Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park tour is also a tour director for the Antartica tour. He showed us a very interesting video, in which all of the guests were dressed in matching hooded red parkas. He said those were provided by Tauck and that the guests kept them after the tour.
  • Options
    Our tour director on last week's Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park tour is also a tour director for the Antartica tour. He showed us a very interesting video, in which all of the guests were dressed in matching hooded red parkas. He said those were provided by Tauck and that the guests kept them after the tour.

Would that have been Rob White? I know he is from Canada. If so he was excellant!

The parkas were awesome. Lightweight, but super warm. And you were able to take them home. We used ours for the rest of the winter in upstate NY. They were great for those freezing early morning bus stop days!

• Options
    My husband Bill and I are booked on this trip. Going to spend a couple of days on our own in Buenos Aires before the trip starts. We have heard from other Tauck travelers and a friend who has been twice to Anarctica it is the trip of a lifetime!!!! Drake is either a lake or rough seas. I get horribly seasick. They will have a doctor on board for those of us who get really seasick. But that is not going to stop us, no Sir! As Tauck travelers we know how interesting and wonderful this company and their travelers are so we are counting the days........

Catherine and Bill
  • Options
    Ooops! We are on the January 17th trip!

Catherine and Bill
This discussion has been closed.