How Do you Keep Track of Your Destinations?

Hey guys!

I was wondering how everyone else keeps track of your destinations? I planning to buy that scratch map where you scratch a country off if you have been in.

But the problem is is it really worth that money?
Does any of you use these kinds of scratch maps to mark where you have been in?

I have no idea how to post a picture here so here is the map im talking about - http://bildites.lv/images/jusdgzty/122390/original.jpg

BTW I got the picture from this post, so Just if someone has copyright on this - World Map Posters

Any reviews on the 4th and 5th one in that post?

Comments

• I think of it in terms of memories, not a competition, so I don't keep a check list or map.

I recently renewed my Global Entry and one of the questions asked in the online application was to list the countries visited in the last 5 years. I went to my PC Pictures directory. I name each trip folder by the trip year and area visited (eg., 2017-CentralEurope). That was enough to jog my memory sufficiently to list the 20 or so countries visited in that time.
  • I use a spreadsheet to keep track. I can then sort alphabetically or by date. The date sort is very handy for filling out Visa applications.
  • Ditto with a protected secure spreadsheet. Passport renewal dates, travel dates, Visa and Passport numbers, other pertinent travel data you may want to keep. So handy for renewals etc.
  • BKMD wrote:
    I think of it in terms of memories, not a competition, so I don't keep a check list or map.

I recently renewed my Global Entry and one of the questions asked in the online application was to list the countries visited in the last 5 years. I went to my PC Pictures directory. I name each trip folder by the trip year and area visited (eg., 2017-CentralEurope). That was enough to jog my memory sufficiently to list the 20 or so countries visited in that time.

Just a ‘by the way’ about your Global Entry card. The ‘Real ID’ requirement that has now been postponed until October ... I think ... can be satisfied with your Global Entry card. My sister just tortured herself by going through the process and the expense of getting a ‘Real ID’ California drivers license, because she didn’t want to carry her passport just to get on a domestic flight. The regular California driver’s license does not qualify. I think there are a number of other state licenses that also do not qualify. But, the other ID’s that will qualify are ... your passport, your passport ‘card’, if you got one, a military active, retired, or dependent ID, and ... your Global Entry card. I did not think Global Entry had a picture, but I just looked at mine and it does. So no visits to the DMV in my future. (;-)))
  • Look what I've found on the internet - https://losroques-travel.com/en/. I knew nothing about Los Roques before and now I really wanna go there. Have you guys ever been there? If yes, can you share your thoughts about the place?
  • Like the old movie, i.e. "If this is Tuesday, it must be Belgium....." LOL. :-)
  • JoWeea wrote:
    Look what I've found on the internet - https://losroques-travel.com/en/. I knew nothing about Los Roques before and now I really wanna go there. Have you guys ever been there? If yes, can you share your thoughts about the place?
    I would not go to an island owned by Venezuela any more than I'd go to an island owned by Iran or North Korea.
  • JoWeea is probably a troll. We keep track of our adventures by the memories we have experienced.
  • Agree. Hope no one tried to open his link