Options

Photobugs

I am trying to figure out what this has to do with Tauck's Africa tour.... Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Well, I’ll take a crack at it. Alan and Doug are two accomplished photographers who have made significant contributions on this venue, and have shared their photos and expertise. We have gotten to ‘know’ each other after a few more than 6 posts, so there are times when we discuss things that may be off topic, but may apply to the interest that many of us have in photography. There are times we go ‘offline’ to chat, but sometimes we think others in the group might be interested in some things that are not directly related to Africa, or the other numerous areas that some people here have visited. So I’m sure we all apologize for going ‘off topic’ occassionally, but we really don’t intend to ‘offend’ anyone.
  • Options
    Exactly. I apologize for going off topic and will refrain from doing that again. I'll remove the link.
  • Options
    Did I miss something?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Doug, please repost your link on General discussion, I saw it and intended to look at it when I had more time. Regulars here read all posts so would have found it there.
    Going off topic is fun and not unusual. People have misunderstood some of my posts in the past, both beginning ones and replies. I am hoping that Pamela B was not intending to be mean and anyway is not a regular, it's only her sixth appearance.
    Your photo knowledge is fun even though it is sometimes beyond what I can comprehend with my photography experience. Maybe I am retaining bits of it when I take photos without realizing. I have recently enlarged a couple more of our African photos on to canvas amd they look great.
  • Options
    Will do. Wow, Thanks, British. I did not know what the etiquette on these forums were, and did not wish to offend people. As you can see, I'm so enthused with photography -- it's somehow the easiest thing for me to do as I age -- no psychomotor skills -- like those required for golf -- are needed, LOL. And I was just so taken aback that the Canadian linemen asked me to take their pictures. The supervisor emailed me and thanked me for giving a good portrayal of their work in stormy conditions, and is taking it up with his company to post some of the photos on their company website. Similarly, one of our State Troopers asked for access, perhaps to post on a government website.

So, it's really kool to keep developing one's skills -- you never know where it will lead, and it is, as Alan Watts has preached, part of the play of the universe. :)

More generally, there is so much to learn in photography, when you treat it as a fun thing to do. I suspect it would be much harder to be a professional photographer -- you have to get up early and go to bed late to get the best light. You have to plan your shoot, and spend hours or days trying to get the perfect shot. And, I have friends and relatives that have tried to make a living at photography. It's really difficult. You have to have the energy of youth. LOL.

BTW, it's a fantastic thing to look at others' images and be amazed by them. Some of the images of the Royal Wedding, for example, are just orgasmic. LOL. The lighting is perfect, the color is perfect. The composition is perfect. And, oftentimes, the message is perfect.
  • Options
    You did not do anything wrong.

Notice the silence. (;-). Keep up the good work. We can all benefit from your pointers .... even those of us with a degree in photography ... maybe especially those of us with a degree in photography, who dealt with ‘silver halides’, not ‘digits’.
  • Options
    Thank you very much. Love the smell of processing silver halides in the morning! :).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file