Anyone else going April 18, 2019 Eastbound? China, Yangtze River and Hong Kong. We are a year away!

Yes, we just booked and there are only two places left! so looking forward to it.. We got back a month ago from an incredible trip to India, our first Tauck tour.. We are from Israel...

Comments

• We went on that trip last year. Fabulous fabulous fabulous!
  • menahelen wrote:
    We went on that trip last year. Fabulous fabulous fabulous!
    good to know!!!
  • My husband and I are on this departure and we are from San Antonio. Our friends from Santa Rosa, CA are going as well. We did SE Asia with Tauck last year and they do a great job with Asia. Really looking forward to it.
  • Sandstorm wrote:
    good to know!!!

How was the food on the Yantze Explorer?
  • Anyone know how the food is on the Yantze Explorer? Going on it in April 2019
  • Sandstorm wrote:
    Anyone know how the food is on the Yantze Explorer? Going on it in April 2019

Sandstorm- info and suggestion for the future. Not many folks participate in the forums. Like you, most come here to ask a question or two before their trip, but, unfortunately, very few come back to post reviews or answer questions posted by others. You started this thread last April and it did not receive much activity at that time, so you might have been better off just starting a new one with a title that focuses on your interest- e.g. "Food on Yangtze Explorer?"

Also, due to the number of spammers who frequent the forums, I would not post your email address. In fact, I strongly recommend you edit your previous posts and remove it.
  • Sandstorm wrote:
    Anyone know how the food is on the Yantze Explorer? Going on it in April 2019
    Did the trip 2 years ago. I like Asian food and found just about all the food on this trip very good. I don't recall anything specific about the food on the ship, so it wasn't memorably good or bad :-)
  • I did the Eastbound trip the end of May this year, and am happy to give some feedback on dining on the Yangtze Explorer. We found the food to be quite good, with much variety, decent quality and taste. Not gourmet, but quite decent. Dinner offerings differed from day to day, which was good. It was certainly more than plentiful, with lots of choices, since it is served family style on a large lazy susan enabling a dozen people to share lots of things. You do not order - a variety of dishes come out, and are replenished if run down. Breakfast and lunch were of a buffet style. For breakfast there were both Western offerings as well as Chinese cuisine. They did a good job accomodating vegan needs. If that is needed, advise Tauck in advance and all venues, including the ship, will work with you on that. On the ship that meant special items brought out for a vegan, but the portion was so large that others at the table could partake. So with a vegan, more food than normal was provided. On the last night of the sail there was a farewell dinner, which was a bit more fancy, with a printed up menu detailing all that was to come. I had taken a photo of the menu, and just looked and counted 14 offerings. Enjoy your trip - you are in for a great one!
  • we are doing this trip starting April 11, 2019
    anyone else on this journey
  • AlanS wrote:
    Sandstorm- info and suggestion for the future. Not many folks participate in the forums. Like you, most come here to ask a question or two before their trip, but, unfortunately, very few come back to post reviews or answer questions posted by others. You started this thread last April and it did not receive much activity at that time, so you might have been better off just starting a new one with a title that focuses on your interest- e.g. "Food on Yangtze Explorer?"

Also, due to the number of spammers who frequent the forums, I would not post your email address. In fact, I strongly recommend you edit your previous posts and remove it.
  • AlanS wrote:

THANKS!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file