Options

No checked luggage, just carry on

Planning on just bringing a carry on and not checking luggage. I believe that by taking ex officio or craghopper wash and wear shirts, etc. I can pack light enough for the two weeks. Any ideas, suggestions or comments from previous travelers?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Bosco wrote:
    Planning on just bringing a carry on and not checking luggage. I believe that by taking ex officio or craghopper wash and wear shirts, etc. I can pack light enough for the two weeks. Any ideas, suggestions or comments from previous travelers?

Are you using your Tauck issued dufflebag as your carry-on? Remember that is all that you will be allowed to take to the Serengeti and Maasai Mara. Other people have been successful doing that.

Also, during the two periods when we could only use dufflebags, my wife and I shared just one- we left the other in our suitcases. I carried camera, binocs, and misc stuff in my "man purse" and my wife had a day bag, but a single duffle provided more than enough room to carry clothing for both of us.
  • Options
    Bosco wrote:
    Yes, you can easily do it with the Tauck duffel.
  • Options
    We did this last summer with the Tauck duffel. The only problem was lugging them through the airports on our flights to and from the trip. We really missed wheels.
  • Options
    We used the Tauck duffels and one rollaboard which served as “wheels” to get one duffel onboard, and the rollaboard of course. All the important stuff went onboard, the ‘liquids’ and unimportant stuff was checked in one Tauck duffel. When we got to Arusha, all the stuff in the checked duffel went into the rollaboard, and the important stuff was now in the two Tauck duffels. The rollaboard followed us around, but we seldom used anything that was in it ... other than the liquids. If we didnt’ bring any liquids we could easily have travelled with just the Tauck duffels, but lugging 60 pounds of duffels around is not necessarily easy when you are over 70. We recommend the rollaboard solution.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file