August 31 - Prague to Vienna

Anyone have good suggestions on restaurants in Prague and Vienna?

Comments

• We REALLY enjoyed Restaurant Pod Věží in Prague. It's located right at the other end of the Charles Bridge from your hotel, an easy walk over and back. It's a good idea to have a reservation.

Restaurant Pod Věží
    58/2 Mostecka Street, Prague 1, 118 00
    +420 257 532 041
  • We took this trip in June. We liked several restaurants. In Prague, I'd recommend the Mlynec Restaurant. It is near the Charles Bridge but if you are staying at the International, it is on your side of the river but just beyond the bridge. An easy walk. We also liked U Zlate Studne, which is on the other side of the river, and you'll need a cab. It is in a small, rather unique hotel (cars cannot drive all the way up to it, so there is a short walk up a cobblestone "street"), and you also have to walk up two short flights of stairs to the restaurant, which is on the roof terrace, with a great view of the city.) Reservations are important, but I got the U Zlate Studne one on line. In Vienna, we ate lunch at Cafe Landtmann. We just walked in. It is worth going there just for the strudel (called I think "the Legend"). (Get the ice cream and whipped cream topping )
  • In Prague, Kokolvne and Ferdinand. Local food and reasonably priced at both places. Golum was charming and good food.
  • In Vienna the best schnitzel is at Fugemuller there are two we like the one near the church

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file