Color of clothes

We have heard about not wearing some colors because of attracting some insects such as Tsetse flies are attracted to the color blue. Is this true and are there other colors we should avoid?

Comments

• I believe that Tsetse flies in this area are kept well under control by effective spraying etc and you should not encounter them, we did not. Kenya and Tanzania you would have a problem.
    It's still best to avoid bright or standout colors like black, blue, white and red while out on safari as it can attract unwanted interest from predators or make them more likely to move away from you when you are trying to observe and photograph them. http://www.safariguideafrica.com/wear-safari/ This website is fairly good on packing for safari. Make sure you read the relevant parts for the countries you will be visiting because rules vary a lot.
  • British, thanks for your input. I know you've been on many safari's and your insight is appreciated.
    Nanawhite, my husband and I are booked on this tour August 26th.
  • edited June 2017
    Crackeroo wrote:
    British, thanks for your input. I know you've been on many safari's and your insight is appreciated.
    Nanawhite, my husband and I are booked on this tour August 26th.
    You are going to love this tour! We are definitely going to take it again at a different time of the year just to experience a different season. Trouble is, you have to book this tour so very much in advance, so it is not easy to plan. If I can recommend going maybe two days early or even three, so you have time to chill in Zambia before the all out wonderful but early starts tour, I think it really is a benefit. We took a wonderful helicopter tour, the longest one offered, during oir pre tour days and it was excellent. Everything is wonderful, the only downside for us was that we were a little disappointed with the One and Only Hotel in Cape Town when we compared it with our stay at the Cape Grace on the Elegant South Africa tour. Our favorite part was the Kalahari experiences, I am not giving away any more than that.... but go for the surprise, it's one of our most favorite experiences of our entire lives.
  • Just got home from this tour and did not find the insects to be a problem. We used the insect repellent spray provided in the camps and it worked fine. We wore all colors, navy, black, brown, green, red, etc. Just to comment on the previous user's post, we found the One&Only in Cape Town to be much nicer than Cape Grace. One&Only had a better location for walking to the shops/restaurants, and the service felt more genuine. Enjoy the trip, you are going to love it!