Sea of Japan

Is anyone else just a little worried about going to the Sea of Japan right now?

Comments

• edited April 2017
    No. I am seriously more worried about leaving my house to drive with distracted drivers. I will be flying into Seoul next year if it is still there.
  • We just returned from this trip (Northbound) Wednesday and had no worries about safety while we were there, although, it is the most asked question once we got home. I agree with British. Statistically, you are in far more danger driving within 25 miles from your home! By the way, I will post a review of this trip once I finish my letter to Tauck. It was our 15th international trip with Tauck and the only one where I feel the need to express my dissatisfaction with the organization of the trip and what is, apparently, an example of Tauck's new business model.
  • I will be anxious to read your review. This is our 10th Tauck trip, and I have never had a problem. I'm curious as to what their new "business model" is.
  • Grandinroad, I agree with Joyce. Just came back from Japan/South Korea, part of which involved cruising in the Sea of Japan. One never knows what the leader of North Korea will do, but the probability of real danger is small. I would never recommend traveling into a known danger zone, but refuse to be deterred by the more minor potential problems everywhere in the world.

Like Joyce, we also got asked about the Sea of Japan upon our recent return. I agree that driving in the US is statistically more dangerous.

My review of the Southbound Cruising the Land of the Rising Sun has been posted for other details.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file