Learn More about our Ships
When we launched our first river cruise in 1992, we knew that our guests would expect to cruise the rivers in the same memorable Tauck style they enjoyed on our land trips. Ultimately, we set about assembling not only a collection of river cruises that was ahead of its time, but also a fleet of custom-designed riverboats that set new standards in spaciousness and comfort. That kind of innovation has always been a hallmark of our river cruises, and continues today as we introduce two new ships – and a new class of vessels – to our fleet of luxury riverboats.
We designed our Jewel Class riverboats, built between 2006 and 2011 and accommodating up to 118 guests, so our guests could enjoy an intimate, club-like atmosphere with upscale accommodations, and all the built-in advantages of a luxurious private ship. All of our cabins face outside; most have French balconies and sliding glass doors to drink in the scenery. Public spaces – including an aft casual dining area with an opening 180º glass wall, cocktail lounge, piano bar and dining room – boast panoramic windows throughout.
Our new Inspiration Class ships launched in 2014 – ms Inspire and ms Savor – and will be joined in 2016 by ms Grace and ms Joy. They accommodate no more than 130 guests, maintaining Tauck's high standards for luxury and comfort, providing the most space per guest on Europe’s inland waterways, transporting the fewest passengers of any longship (135 meters.). Because our most popular cabins tend to be our largest, we've created an innovative deck plan offering twenty-two 300-square-foot-suites – the most of any river cruise ship on any European river. And we’ve created eight loft cabins that extend from the first to the second decks, affording guests more natural light and views of the passing scenery.
Here's a rundown of some of the innovations on our Inspiration Class riverboats, which sail with 30% fewer passengers than other riverboats of comparable size:
- Twenty-two 300 sq. ft. suites on the Diamond Deck, the most of any European riverboat in its class
- More dedicated cabins for solo travelers than any European riverboat in its class, plus Tauck waives the single supplement for Category 1 cabins
- Innovative 225 sq. ft. loft cabins featuring a raised sitting area and 1.5 decks of window area
- A new second restaurant featuring relaxed elegance and grilled entrees
- New bathrooms in 225 and 300 sq. ft. cabins featuring double sinks, larger showers and more
- Expanded gym/fitness facility, featuring a new rowing machine plus 2 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes
- A new hair salon
- An elevator that stops on all decks (except sun deck)
- New bicycles for use by guests on shore