Tauck Invites Revelers to Ring In 2015 in Paris
New Six-Day, Year-End Exploration of Paris Highlights Tauck’s 2014 Portfolio of Once-in-a-Lifetime Events
NORWALK, CT (April 10, 2014) Tauck is offering travelers the opportunity to ring in 2015 in grand style in the legendary City of Light at “The Tauck Paris Event,” a new six-day cultural exploration of Paris highlighted by an opulent New Year’s Eve gala. The year-end Paris celebration is one of eight single-departure Tauck events on tap for 2014. Each is an in-depth cultural exploration of a specific destination, and each provides attendees with extraordinary access to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. For example, Tauck guests at different events this year will enjoy an evening inside the National Baseball Hall of Fame with filmmaker Ken Burns, they’ll enjoy true VIP treatment at Churchill Downs during the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby, and they’ll experience an exclusive evening inside the Vatican with dinner and private guided tours of the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums.
The Paris event (from December 29, 2014 – January 3, 2015) will likewise include equally exclusive and unique experiences, according to Tauck CEO Dan Mahar. “Because we schedule just one departure of each event per year, we’re able to include experiences, venues and experts that would be impossible for us to build into tours operating more frequently,” explained Mahar, noting that Tauck’s tours typically have multiple departures during each month they operate.
“For example, at our Paris event,” Mahar noted, “we’ve arranged for Count Jean-Charles de Vogüé to personally host our guests on a tour of his 17th-century chateau, Chateau de Vaux le Vicomte, which inspired Louis XIV to build the Palace of Versailles.” Mahar added that guests at Tauck’s Paris event will also enjoy a private, after-hours tour with a cocktail reception and dinner inside Musée d'Orsay, and an interactive evening with Susan Herrmann Loomis, a personal friend of the late Julia Child who is a French culinary expert and author of six cookbooks in her own right.
At each Tauck event attendees divide into small groups for daily sightseeing “tracks,” with each track highlighting a different theme. Themed tracks at the Paris event will explore the city’s history from its roots as a Gallic settlement through the Age of Enlightenment, trace the dramatic story of Napoleon and Josephine, and highlight France’s profound influence on the worlds of film and fashion.
Groups will experience different tracks on different days of the event (providing each group with the same overall itinerary), and all attendees will reassemble for special gala evenings. One such evening will be Tauck’s special New Year’s celebration in the ballroom of the InterContinental Paris Le Grand Hotel, the host hotel for the “The Tauck Paris Event.” The New Year’s Eve gala will feature a cocktail reception, dinner, live entertainment and dancing into the wee hours as guests ring in 2015 in true Tauck style.
“The Tauck Paris Event” (from $7,690 per person, double occupancy plus airfare) includes five nights accommodations at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand Hotel, all sightseeing and admission to all attractions, all evening gatherings, all gratuities, airport transfers, most meals and more.
Besides the Paris celebration, Tauck’s portfolio of 2014 events includes:
“Run for the Roses: The Kentucky Derby Event”
- Five days, from April 30 – May 4, in Lexington, KY.
- Highlights include VIP treatment at Churchill Downs on Derby Day, plus a private dinner at the Keeneland thoroughbred farm with a talk by Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron.
- From $6,890 per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
“The Tauck London Event”
- Six days, from May 22 – 27, in London, England.
- Highlights include admission to the Chelsea Flower Show, a gala evening at Hampton Court Palace, a private viewing of the Crown Jewels, presentations by Winston Churchill’s granddaughter/biographer and dinner at the Cutty Sark clipper ship.
- From $5,590 per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
“Walking With Dinosaurs: A Journey Through Time” (a Tauck Bridges event for families)
- Five days, from July 17 – 21, in Calgary, Canada.
- Highlights include a paleontologist-guided exploration of Dinosaur Provincial Park, an insider’s trip to the renowned Royal Tyrrell Museum, and hands-on experience with BBC Earth experts exploring nature documentary film techniques.
- From $3,190 per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
“The Tauck Baseball Event”
- Four days, July 31 – Aug. 3, in Cooperstown, NY.
- Highlights include premier seating (Rows 3 & 4) at the Baseball Hall of Fame’s 75th anniversary concert featuring Paul Simon and the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, a private after-hours evening inside the Hall of Fame with Ken Burns, the chance to play in a fun “pick-up game” with Hall of Famer Phil Niekro and other legends of the game.
- From $4,390 per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
“The Tauck Chicago Event”
- Five days, from Sept. 15 – 19, in Chicago, IL.
- Highlights include a gala evening with Ken Burns inside the iconic Chicago Theatre with performances from the musical Chicago, a presentation on the life and times of Al Capone by his biographer Jonathan Eig, an architectural tour celebrating the works of Frank Lloyd Wright, and a farewell “Prohibition Repeal Celebration.”
- From $4,290 per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
“The Tauck Roman Holiday Event”
- Six days, from Oct. 18 – 23, in Rome, Italy.
- Highlights include an exclusive after-hours dinner inside the Vatican with tours of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, a private fashion show, a private opera performance, insider tours of Palazzo Barberini and Palazzo Colonna, and a farewell gala at the Cinecittà film studios.
- From $5,390 per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
“The Tauck Yosemite Event”
- Six days, from Dec. 13 – 18, in San Francisco and Yosemite National Park, CA.
- Highlights include attendance at the annual Bracebridge Dinner (a Yosemite holiday tradition since 1927), three nights accommodations at the St. Regis San Francisco with guided, themed sightseeing, two nights accommodations at the iconic The Ahwahnee in Yosemite National Park, and special presentations on Yosemite National Park (by author and filmmaker Dayton Duncan), the San Francisco Earthquake, the photographic legacy of Ansel Adams (from his son, Michael Adams), and the influential naturalist John Muir.
- From $5,690 per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
Those interested in learning more can visit their local travel professional, call Tauck at 1 800 468 2825, or visit www.tauck.com.
- end -